BLR will host esteemed multitrack labor and employment conference designed for HR practitioners for 22nd consecutive year.
BLR®—Business & Legal Resources has announced the agenda for the 2017 Advanced Employment Issues Symposium (AEIS), America’s leading employment law conference. This 2-day event, featuring dynamic keynotes; three breakout tracks, including System Shake-Ups, New Reality of Work, and Latest Compliance Conundrums; and optional preconference workshops will be held November 15–17 in Las Vegas.
Now in its 22nd year, AEIS will bring together over 20 employment law attorneys and hundreds of HR professionals from across the nation to discuss the legislative, regulatory, and judicial developments shifting organizational compliance priorities and strategic focus areas for HR practitioners. Attendees will learn about how these developments require changes in workplace policies on wage and hour, absence management, marijuana use, I-9 recordkeeping, citizen- and gender-based discrimination, federal contractors, recordkeeping, and more.
The 2017 curriculum will explore critical updates under the new presidential administration. While federal-level deregulation may dominate the next few years, BLR’s affiliate attorneys are warning that employers should expect increased protections at the state level, particularly with regard to pay equity and parental leave. The sessions will also address looming concerns over how companies will be impacted by changes to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the Department of Labor’s overtime rule, as well as data security protection concerns and the future of work in the changing business ecosystem.
Additionally, attendees will:
- Discover how the latest court decisions will impact policies, including those on hot topics, like gender identity and whistleblower claims.
- Get down in the trenches with practicing attorneys, who will provide comprehensive updates on the very latest changes to employment laws and compliance obligations.
- Access proven, practical strategies for overcoming top HR challenges, like Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) abuse and reporting and the intersection of leave laws with disability accommodation and workers’ compensation laws./li>
- Network with other HR professionals who face the same challenges and share best practices for implementing compliant and effective policies./li>
- Earn up to 15.75 HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and Society for Human Research Management (SHRM) continuing education credits toward applicable PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, and SHRM-SCP designations.
“HR professionals, employers, and in-house counsel choose the Advanced Employment Issues Symposium because it has a strong reputation for providing superior guidance on issues that are key to performance and profitability,” says Patricia Trainor, JD, SPHR, vice president of content and product development for BLR. “We work with both attorneys and our editorial staff to craft a program that explains breaking regulatory updates, allows for valuable Q&A with employment law experts, and delivers a rich learning and professional development experience for practitioners.”
Joining the faculty are leading employment law attorneys, workplace consultants, and authors—including renowned speaker Bob Kelleher, president and founder of The Employee Engagement Group, who will deliver a powerful keynote on proven steps to improve employee engagement and drive positive business results.
The AEIS roster of esteemed presenters also includes:
- Karl Ahlrich, SPHR, SHRM-SCP | Senior Consultant | Gregory & Appel Insurance
- Mario Bordogna, Esq. | Senior Counsel | Clark Hill PLC
- Natasha Bowman, JD, SPHR | President and Founder | Performance ReNEW
- Elizabeth B. Bradley, Esq. | Shareholder | Fortney & Scott, LLC
- Stacie L. Caraway, Esq. | Member | Miller & Martin PLLC
- Susan G. Fentin, Esq. | Of Counsel | Skoler, Abbott & Presser, P.C.
- Ryan B. Frazier, Esq. | Member | Kirton McConkie
- John Hickman, Esq. | Partner | Alston & Bird LLP
- John Husband, Esq. | Partner | Holland & Hart LLP
- Charles H. Kaplan, Esq. | Member | Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
- Peter D. Lowe, Esq. | Partner | Brann & Isaacson
- Kevin C. McCormick, Esq. | Partner | Whiteford, Taylor & Preston, LLP
- Jacob Monty, Esq. | Founding and Managing Partner | Monty & Ramirez LLP
- Jonathan R. Mook, Esq. | Partner | DiMuroGinsburg P.C.
- Jacob Muklewicz, Esq. | Shareholder | Kirton McConkie
- Charlie S. Plumb, Esq. | Shareholder | McAfee & Taft
- Paul A. Ross, Esq. | Shareholder, Labor and Employment Practice Group Leader | McAfee & Taft
- Mark Schickman, Esq. | Partner | Freeland, Cooper & Foreman LLP
- Kara E. Shea, Esq. | Partner | Butler Snow
- Kate Visosky, Esq. | Partner | Kelley, Drye & Warren LLP
- Ruth M. Willars, Esq. | Partner | Monty & Ramirez LLP
- Elaine C. Young, Esq. | Shareholder | Kirton McConkie
AEIS 2017 takes place at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel in Las Vegas, NV. For more information about the agenda, speakers, venue, etc., visit AEISOnline.com or call 800-727-5257. Information about sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities is available at http://aeisonline.com/sponsor/.